Giving something back to the local community has been a part of IWCK life since its foundation in 1992. We seek to help NGOs which work with women, sick children, the disabled and the elderly.
Thanks to the traditional IWCK Charity Bazaar and our other fundraising initiatives we are able to help Ukrainian citizens in need, through NGOs which support them. Our members broaden their knowledge and horizons by participating in the food delivery program or visiting orphanages.
Each year IWCK organizes a Grant Competition when dedicated IWCK members form a Grant Review Committee and spend many hours assessing applications so that the very best projects can be selected and supported. In 2018 IWCK already approved financing of 25 projects.
Throughout the year IWCK also awards Special Initiative Grants, again to help women, sick children, the disabled and the elderly.
You are very welcome to join our charity activities by becoming a member of the Charity Committee, volunteering at our events or even creating your own initiative to support IWCK.
- Project name: Medical and Oﬃce Equipment for EB cabinet at OKHMATDYT, Kyiv.
- Purpose of grant: Purchasing of medical equipment, office equipment and other equipment for medical purposes for EB Cabinet at Okhmadyt, to support children suffering from rare genetic skinn and tissue disorder called Epidermolis Bullosa.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 247 038,90 UAH
- Project name: Outside development activities for children with special needs in the sanatorium for children "Borsuchok"
- Purpose of grant: Renovation of a canteen roof in the sanatorium for children "Borsuchok".
- Amount of IWCK grant: 200 000 UAH
- Project name: Equipment Help to the Department of Physical Rehabilitation at OKHMATDYT.
- Purpose of grant: Purchasing of medical equipment Omron С28, Soleo Galva, Soleo Sono, “Radius-01 Inter SM”, “Lika-therapist”, DIMAP D2000 for the Division of Physical Rehabilitation in Children’s Specialized Hospital «Okhmatdyt».
- Amount of IWCK grant: 212 000 UAH
- Project 1 name: Summer camp for Roma Children
- Purpose of grant: Renting a summer house and purchasing food for 25 roma children.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 36 000 UAH
- Project 2 name: Assistance to the Elderly (Christmas Celebration and Summer Vacation)
- Purpose of grant: Organizing Christmas celebration and purchasing of presents for 240 people, renting a summer house for 40 people, purchasing food and hygienic products, organizing transportation.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 95 000 UAH
- Project 3 name: Christmas and New Year dinner with the poor (homeless, elderly, and orphans)
- Purpose of grant: Organizing Christmas Dinner and purchasing Christmas presents for 400 poor people.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 80 000 UAH
- Project name: Improving the quality of cultural and leisure activities of children in the town Schastye to restore their psycological and emotional state in the ahermath of the ATO.
- Purpose of grant: Repairing of the dancing hall (ﬂoor, ceiling, electrical works) and purchasing of new costumes.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 300 000 UAH
- Project name: Charity canteen for pensioners in the Centre of students catering “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”
- Purpose of grant: Paying for food for retired folk and others on low incomes
- Amount of IWCK grant: 182 250 UAH
- Project Name: Monitoring of vital parameters for Patients of the Pediatric Department of the Institute of Neurosurgery.
- Purpose of grant: Purchase of medical equipment - 2 Monitors of vital parameters (Japan) – Pediatric Department of the Institute of Neurosurgery.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 80 000 UAH
- Project name: Psychological and pedagogical correction and labor rehabilitation of children with autism from early age till 30 years old.
- Purpose of grant: Purchasing of 2 color printers, a vacuum cleaner, educational games, sports equipment, a stove for the workshop, furniture, carpeting, a potter’s wheel and clay.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 131 500 UAH
- Project 1 name: Help to National Hospital for Children “OKHMATDYT”.
- Purpose of grant: Purchasing a camera Full HD, a monitor, a laparoscopic insuﬄator.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 271 211, 40 UAH
- Project 2 name: Help to Home for Elderly People in village Gruzke, Makarov district, Kiev region.
- Purpose of grant: Purchasing of furniture for kitchen, dish-washing machine, 2 entrance doors.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 53 992 UAH
- Project name: Sunshine Summer Camp for Children at Risk in Brovary Region.
- Purpose of grant: Providing food, gas, fuel, diesel, stationary, craft materials, clothes (T-shirts) for 2 weeks for 200 kids and 50 volunteers.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 150 000 UAH
- Project name: Continuing developing of the safe conditions for providing the professional psychological help to women and children victims of violence.
- Purpose of grant: Renovation works and materials (Cocubinskoe), purchasing of art-therapy group utensils, office supplies/equipment for project, medical supplies/equipment, advertising-promotional materials.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 159 480 UAH
- Project Name: Favorable inclusive pace - step towards special children's development
- Purpose of grant: Purchase of tulles, curtains and window accessories for the inclusive space creation.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 26 477 UAH
- Project name: Support of Social Adaptation of Children with Special Needs.
- Purpose of grant: Paying for organising a carpenter's workshop for 65 children with mental disorder at the Mostyschinska School, Makarov region, Kyiv oblast.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 96 727, 04 UAH
- Project name: Helping orphans begin to learn basic sewing skills and ﬁnd their place in the world.
- Purpose of grant: Buying sewing machines for a new dressmaking classroom in an orphanage in Volodarka boarding school.
- Amount of IWCK grant: 50 000 UAH
The International Women’s Club of Kyiv’s grant program supports women, children, the elderly, and the disabled.
Для отримання інформації українською мовою, будь ласка, натисніть сюди.
For more information, please contact the IWCK Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org